A wide range of users is interested in the category of casual games. Simple rules and no time-consuming learning requirements set casual games apart from other types of gaming. You won't have to spend a lot of time learning the intricacies because the gameplay and rules are simple to understand. Many of these games also feature minimal text and colorful, appealing visuals. A casual game is characterized by compactness and dynamism, which makes it ideal for those who are constantly on the move. You can easily exit the game and continue it later or quickly go through another round.
Casual games online have the following characteristic features:
- Simple rules and gameplay;
- User-friendly interface with intuitive controls;
- Interesting concept, light music, and colorful graphics;
- Short rounds that can be easily paused and resumed without much effort;
- Levels that become more difficult as you progress;
- Familiar gameplay elements, such as maps or mosaics.
Casual projects' primary characteristic is their emphasis on the general public. Frequently, a subject that is well-known in several cultures is used as the theme. It could involve animals, sports, or a typical social setting. Casual games don't require extensive training or preparation. When a user installs such a game, it's crucial to launch it into the first gaming cycle right away, free of time-consuming registrations and settings. Casual games emphasize ease of use. As you get into the games, there is little to no growth of the functions or controls because they are evident from the start. Different mechanisms may be present in casual games. The following categories can be used to categorize them:
- Three in a row. This casual game has become very popular due to the simplicity of its concept - matching three or more of the same elements on the screen in a row. It is intuitive and based on completing levels.
- Puzzle. Applying logic and knowledge to piece together clues and find solutions is a feature of casual games. Such online casual games have become one of the most popular types and include word puzzles, crosswords, sudoku, and even puzzles.
- Casual games to find hidden objects. The basic idea behind these games is that the player must locate the things concealed in the image within a set amount of time.
- Quizzes. The most innovative games in this genre include game show elements with interactive events and celebrity hosts. This casual game allows you to compete with other players around the world from the comfort of your home and win real prizes.
- Idle games are also called incremental games or clickers. Their name comes from the style of the game: the player performs simple actions by pressing a button or screen, and no special skills are required. Such a casual game in this genre includes a passive gameplay component, that is, the game continues even if you are not doing anything.
- Hyper-casual games attract a large audience due to their maximum simplicity for the player. As a rule, in such games, there is no plot or backstory. Hypercasual games include various classic arcade games. The principle of these games is quite simple: to perform any action, the player needs to tap on the screen, rotate it, or slide it with their finger.
Casual games are suitable for almost any category of users in terms of their level of complexity. Often, the time to complete these games is small, and therefore, they are well suited for those who cannot devote a lot of time to the game.