Among online puzzles, Tetris is the undoubted favorite in terms of the number of its fans, game variations, and its adaptations. The game appeared almost 40 years ago but has never suffered a decline in user interest. It is always at the top of the games of this genre and the preferences of players of all ages.
Benefits of Playing Tetris
There are many reasons for such popularity since Tetris affects both the cognitive and emotional side of the human psyche:
- Tetris calms raging emotions. If a person's emotional sphere is out of balance, switching to solving logical problems has a beneficial harmonizing effect.
- Tetris develops cognitive thinking by stimulating players to solve logical problems. Seeing how to optimally combine falling figures, a person can transfer this ability to his own life, finding effective solutions in a series of unpredictable events.
- The meditative state is a direct consequence of playing Tetris. It appears as a result of repeated looping actions and creates in a person a calm contemplative attitude towards reality.
- The development of organizational skills is also such an obvious outcome of the game that future managers are often encouraged to practice it as part of their training.
- Tetris establishes an effective connection between the brain and the hands of a player. To win in Tetris, you need to react very quickly to falling figures. To do this, it is essential to activate not only logical thinking and imagination but also fine motor skills of the hands. As a result, the body responds better and faster to the orders of the brain.
- The development of attention. At first, it seems quite problematic to react to the movement of the moving pieces timely. And the problem is not only in finding the right solution but also in the fact that attention can defocus, and a player notices a new figure too late. As you progress in the game, you become more attentive, which means that the right decision comes at the right time. Subsequently, you understand that this skill is very important for life because the more attention you pay to any task, the more perfect the result you get.
What Inspired the Creators of Tetris
Game developer Alexey Pajitnov combined two of his hobbies while working on Tetris:
- A pentomino is a traditional puzzle game in which you have to combine different figures in a wooden box, consisting of 5 squares of the same size.
- Tennis is a game that requires an instant reaction because the ball can come from any direction. The task of the opponent is to hit a ball in such a way that you are not ready for this and cannot beat it off.
Thus, combining the essence of the pentomino task — to assemble figures of different shapes into smooth blocks and the speed of reaction in tennis — he got Tetris. At the same time, to simplify the game, the developer abandoned 5 squares, replacing them with 4, which resulted in the name "Tetris" from the Greek "tetra" or "four."
Tetris World Success
The game, originally conceived to test the computer, has become so popular that, over time, it has been adapted to 65 different platforms. And there is no doubt that with the development of technologies and the emergence of new ones, it will change its appearance to continue its triumphant march around the world. To date, there are hundreds of options for playing Tetris. As multiplayer games developed, it was adapted to the possibility to play simultaneously with a large number of players. The latest versions can be played even by 99 users, which makes the game even more fascinating.
We have collected for you the best variations of Tetris that keep it popular all over the world. They differ in the quality of graphics, game mechanics, and many other parameters. Here, you will find both classic versions and those that pleasantly surprise with unusual innovations. Discover the world of Tetris and take advantage of the benefits it brings to anyone who makes it their favorite game and plays it regularly. By increasing their game level, they acquire the valuable skills that Tetris gives people.